No, it’s not design related, but it’s really important. Today is World Cancer Day. Over 12 million people who are diagnosed with cancer each year. We all know someone who is a survivor, is fighting now, or has passed from some form of this disease. Just take a moment today to remember those we’ve lost, support those who are battling, and hold tight to those who have beaten it. Take care of yourself – according to this article on msnbc.com, 40% of cancers can be prevented.
- Stop tobacco use and avoid exposure to second-hand smoke
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
- Maintain a healthy weight, through eating healthily and exercising regularly
- Protect against cancer-causing infections
So do what you can to avoid the types you can, and consider donating to research to find a cure for those you can’t.